Monday 6 August 2012

Hola! Como estas? (Hello! How are you?)

Oh wow! It's been awhile since I last wrote an entry. It's not as if I've stopped my journey into the culinary world, I have been cooking and baking a lot since I started this blog but I keep forgetting to take pictures of my food. Lol!

Anyhoo, just like the other nights/days that I cooked and intended to write a blog entry, I totally forgot to take pictures of my home-made dinner with S.O. But, I'll write about our experience about it. 

We had crispy lightly breaded chicken thighs and potato wedges.  I marinated the chicken thighs before dredging it in a no-name brand coating mix. The potato wedges were dredged into a home-made coating mix that I made. It was a way cheaper alternative to KFC fried chicken and some bar's $6 basket of potato wedges. ^_^

Lately, I've been experimenting with different things in my cooking by taking an adventurous trip into the exotic spices that my palate's not accustomed to. I have been making a two-week menu as a guide for our meals. So far it has worked pretty well. 

It might sometimes be a pain to make your own meals but it pays off in the end. Making your own meals saves you money, helps you learn new things and techniques to make things palatable, and the safety of knowing what is in your food. 

I have quite a sensitive stomach so knowing what's in my food is increasingly becoming important to me. But, mind you, in spite of this fact I still do grab a bite to eat every now and then from one of the popular food chains or a mom and pop shop. Cooking our own meals helps me learn to not be too afraid in the kitchen. . . Even though at times I fail making the recipe by substituting ingredients too much, cooking the food too long or simply we do not like the food, I still try to make a home-cooked meal. 

I love it when S.O. gives his hearty big burp of satisfaction after a meal (Yes, we are neanderthals. We burp and fart around each other.). Him falling a sleep after a meal is just a big pat on my back. :D

I apologize for not blogging quite a bit these past couple of months. I'll try to churn out more entries as the days go by. Next big grocery shopping trip is soon to be had this weekend so I'll probably be posting some of my dishes next week. But for the meantime, I'll just ramble on about Other Things. :D

Random Picture of Bunny and Moody Pinay Foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment