Tuesday 20 March 2012

BBBC Stir-Fry

Ba dam ba dum. . . Ho Lee Chow!!!

S.O. and I have been ordering at Ho Lee Chow for our Chinese food fix for a couple of times now.  We both know that it might not be the best Chinese food but it fares well to our tastebuds (which really are not that great!).  We always order Beef with Broccoli and I figured it's really not that hard to make it and so, I decided to make my own version of it.

And so, once again, I scoured the internet for recipes of Beef Broccoli -- compared, contrasted and figured out the measurements. Once I have a pretty rough idea of what I wanted, I made my own recipe and here's the result . . .

Moody Pinay Foodie's Beef Broccoli Bok Choy Stir Fry

Presenting Moody Pinay Foodie's Version of Beef Broccoli Bok Choy Stir Fry:

1 lb quick serve beef slice
2 cups mini bok choy
2 cups broccoli florets
4 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp onion powder
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp chopped onion
1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup water/ stock

1) Mix flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2) Cut quick serve beef into about finger-length size.
3) Dredge beef into flour mixture.
5) Fry beef into 2 Tbsp heated oil.
6) Remove beef and fry onion and garlic.
7) Add broccoli florets and fry for 2 minutes.
8) Add beef and mini bok choy and fry for 2 minutes.
9) Add oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce. Coat veggies and beef with the sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes.
10) Add water and simmer for 5 minutes.
11) Viola! Ready to be served with rice.

I have never really worked with Bok Choy before.  I rarely eat veggies but since I am getting up there in age, I realized that I might need to make some healthier choices when it comes to eating. And since I work in a grocery store, I have a plethora of veggies to try out and explore.  I have seen quite a number of folks buy Bok Choy and so I thought I'll buy it and see how I like the taste.

It's a pretty neutral vegetable. It doesn't leave a weird veggie taste in your mouth. It's crisp and cabbage-like. I cooked it until it's a little bit wilted. It paired well with the broccoli florets.

I asked S.O. if this one's a a keeper and he enthusiastically said Yes! with a huge smile on his face.  So, I guess, this will be part of my few dish recipes and a staple in the dinner menu choices. ^_^

SUCCESS! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment